[Biopython-dev] Bio.PDB.Residue.id

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Tue Jan 25 09:40:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

In our group, we've been discussing the PDB.Residue.id issue a couple of
times. The current notation is fine but it is unintuitive and hard to
learn for newbies.
We therefore use a wrapper that allows to access residues by one-string
ids = str(identifier + icode), like '101', '101A', '3B' etc.

I'm sure changing ids in PDB.Residue would break a lot of scripts people
use. I could imagine some workarounds that allow ignoring the HETERO flag
though. Would work for me. How about you?

Best regards,
   Kristian