[Biopython-dev] 2/23 active questions tagged biopython - Stack Overflow

Feed My Inbox updates at feedmyinbox.com
Wed Feb 23 09:26:36 UTC 2011

// Biopython CodonTable error?
// February 18, 2011 at 3:02 PM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5045967/biopython-codontable-error
Hello, I am writing some code intended to translate ambiguous DNA codes into possible amino acids and I am seeing some strange translation from the Biopython 1.56 package.  It appears to be translating ambiguous DNA codes to 'J' which does not exist as a code for anything.  I am running python 2.6.1 on Mac OS 10.6.6.

For example:

>>>from Bio.Seq import *
>>>translate('ARAWTAGKAMTA')
'XJXJ'

or

>>>from Bio.Seq import Seq
>>>c = Seq('ARAWTAGKAMTA')
>>>c.translate().tostring()
'XJXJ'

I have looked through the Bio.Data.CodonTable source and Bio.Seq source and I cannot find a reason why this would be happening.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mark

--
Website: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/?tagnames=biopython&sort=active

Account Login:
https://www.feedmyinbox.com/members/login/?utm_source=fmi&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed-email

This email was carefully delivered by FeedMyInbox.com.
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068