[Biopython-dev] Bio.SeqUtils.MeltingTemp Tm_staluc does not accept sequence object

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:01:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> That looks like an oversight in the Seq object, which
>> is easily fixed (the unit tests need a bit more work...).
>
> Actually, I might have been worried about what to do
> with the existing MutableSeq's index method (which
> is list/array like not string like).
>
> Perhaps in the short term a fix to the TM function is
> easier.

Done:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/cd01acc2cdfb1a3e9e16e5107924168231514842

I noticed that the MeltingTemp module didn't have any unit
tests, so turned the existing simple example into a doctest
(some stray text in my git commit comment which is a shame):
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/a347dce69e0c061280165c33662dd57f49b18f5b

Markus, could you test the latest code from github please?

Thanks,