[Biopython-dev] Biopython project update at BOSC 2011?

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:03:27 UTC 2011

Peter and Tiago;

> > I realise the BOSC abstract deadline is now tomorrow (!)
> > http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2011
> >
> > I think it may be just me and Brad going - and we could
> > certainly put together something... Who else is planning
> > to attend BOSC 2011 in Vienna, and would you like to
> > be involved?

It would be great if you wanted to do a Biopython talk. BOSC was
trying to deviate a bit from the project update format, but anything
you are working on with respect to Biopython or new features added
would be perfect. Personally, I'd be interested in hearing about the
NGS work you are doing with Biopython and Galaxy. Democratizing
analysis methods to allow biologists access is always a challenge,
and I'd love to hear about how you've been approaching this.

> I might go the codefest. It all depends if my PhD is done or not and
> if I have to go nearby (I might visit south .CH, and thus it would be
> just a small deviation).

Tiago, good luck finishing up the degree. Hope you are done by the
summer can make it out to Codefest,

Brad