[Biopython-dev] DAS implementation

Bernardo Clavijo bjclavijo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:28:50 UTC 2011

Hello everyone, new subscriber here, hopefully lending a hand around
from now on (Python fan working on bioinformatics, so this is the
place).
I've been searching for a DAS server/client but found none written in
python. Since I'm writting some Chado+Gbrowse+tools web glue in
python, don't want to attach a perl implementation or such.
Have anyone some code for this? Maybe it's just that my googling
skills aren't so good. If not, wouldn't it be nice to have such a
module in biopython?
I'm not the best developer in the world, but maybe I could code
something that serves us all and then it could be included in
biopython.
Well, that all for now... hope to hear some answers, and if you think
that impelmenting DAS would be a nice idea, I'm sure you could provide
me with a hint in how I could design it (a module interacting with
Seq? Is there some webserver capabilities, or just write functions and
let the code ready to glue into a webserver?, etc).

Greets

bj