[Biopython-dev] 1.57 release plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:57:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Brad :)
>
> http://news.open-bio.org/news/2011/04/biopython-1-57-released/
>
> I'll get the Windows installers done on Monday.
>
> Peter

They're up. I included one for Python 2.4 put stuck 'unsupported'
at the end of its filename.

I'm wondering if we should make a couple for Python 3.1 and 3.2
but clearly mark them as alpha quality? Perhaps a little branch
on github just to change the version to 1.57a and edit the setup.py
description?

Speaking of which, I found our first bug: I didn't add do2to3.py
to the manifest, so it isn't included in the tar ball or zip. This
means you can't install from a source release under Python 3.
Not a big issue as we haven't claimed to support Python 3 yet:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/4b1cc1e501a136188c41c1345c1d22ceb11cdb0c