[Biopython-dev] RNA Alphabet with modified nucleotides

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Tue Sep 28 14:04:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

finally got some more tests and cleanup done on Bio.RNA.RNASeq. The
current branch

http://github.com/krother/biopython/commits/rna_alphabet

contains:
- doctests
- unit tests
- copyright statements
- added RNASeq object to test_Seq_obs.py
- compatibility to the Seq class
  (there is a caveat though: functions like
complement/translate/reverse_complement don't make sense on sequences
containing modified nucleotides, and result in an exception.)

Also, there is a branch with ongoing bugfix work on the PDB GSOC code, but
I need to correspond with Joao Rodrigues on this.

Best Regards,
   Kristian