[Biopython-dev] Moving Bio.Motif documentation into Tutorial.tex

Bartek Wilczynski barwil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:04:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi Bartek,
>
> I think it would be good to try and move your Bio.Motif
> documentation from file Docs/cookbook/motif/motif.tex
> into the main Docs/Tutorial.tex as a new chapter.
> Currently it isn't obvious that Biopython supports
> things like a Position Weight Matrix (PWM).
>
> What do you think?
>
> The text will need a slight update since we have now
> deprecated and removed Bio.AlignAce and Bio.MEME,
> but that should be easy.

In general, I'm all for it. It's just that right now is not necessarily the
best time for me to put much work into it. I'm trying to meet a RECOMB
deadline of Oct. 8th with a paper, so if it would not be a problem, I could
update it to the current state of the API after that. On the other hand, if
there's anybody who wants to do it before then, I can review the changes
even earlier.

thanks for remembering about it.

Bartek