[Biopython-dev] 9/14 biopython Questions - BioStar

Feed My Inbox updates at feedmyinbox.com
Tue Sep 14 07:12:43 UTC 2010

// How to show more BLAST results using biopython?
// September 13, 2010 at 12:58 PM

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/2462/how-to-show-more-blast-results-using-biopython
Hi,

I'm using biopython to BLAST over the internet. However, it only saves 30 results (there are more than 30 results that are under the e-value I chose) in the xml. I've been looking all over but can't find how to make that number higher. So my question is, how can you show more results from BLAST using biopython. I'm using NCBIWWW.qblast from BIO.BLAST.

from Bio.Blast import  NCBIWWW
File = "MIF"
fasta_string = open(File+".fasta").read()
result_handle = NCBIWWW.qblast("blastp", "nr", fasta_string)

Thanks,
Niek

--
Website: http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/biopython

Account Login:
https://www.feedmyinbox.com/members/login/?utm_source=fmi&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed-email

This email was carefully delivered by FeedMyInbox.com.
230 Franklin Road Suite 814 Franklin, TN 37064