[Biopython-dev] Ready for Biopython 1.54 release?

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri May 14 03:08:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are there any outstanding issues we should address before making
> the Biopython 1.54 release?
>
> Eric has made a good start on covering Bio.Phylo in the tutorial,
> which can be easily proof read online:
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.pdf

I wrote some more, but something very inconvenient happened to my laptop
just after I pushed the commit to my own branch on GitHub:
http://github.com/etal/biopython/commit/960449b1ea9b713ca8111c40d930fc404340fdc2

This is a description of every TreeMixin method, ripped from the docstrings
/ epydoc output and cleaned up a little. The main thing I still need to
explain is how the find_* arguments work.

However, if we want to get the release out quickly, then all of this can be
moved to the wiki instead, if you'd prefer.

-Eric