[Biopython-dev] 3/31 BioStar - Biopython Questions

Feed My Inbox updates at feedmyinbox.com
Wed Mar 31 06:14:22 UTC 2010

1. Is there a non-perl alternative to accessing Ensembl's API?
March 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I'm looking for a programmatic way to access Ensembl or UCSC's genome browser using something like python or ruby. Perl is just not my thing, sadly.
PyCogent seems to have something that I have not yet tested properly, but just wanted to ping the community before going ahead and coding something that might already exist.

Any ideas?

http://biostar.stackexchange.com/questions/536/is-there-a-non-perl-alternative-to-accessing-ensembls-api