[Biopython-dev] Changing Seq equality

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 15:26:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> I've done that to Bio/Seq.py on the trunk (added two
> FutureWarnings and docstring explanation). Assuming
> this doesn't trigger any regressions, we'd need to work
> on the documentation (in particular the tutorial, but also
> perhaps a news post?) and fix the GA unit test before
> the release.

I've fixed the GA unit tests, generally by explicit use
of string comparison when working with sequence
objects.

In the case of test_GAQueens.py, this required me
to "correct" the "abuse" of the alphabet object (letters
was a list of integers, not a string) and thus indirectly
the way the MutableSeq was being created. This has
always struck me as a very odd example - but should
perhaps be kept in mind for more complex sequence
like objects (e.g. sequences with 3-letter protein codes).