[Biopython-dev] Running unit tests on non-English OS

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 10:28:22 UTC 2010

Hi all,

>From some unit test output posted by Manabu Ishii via Twitter I
think the test suite is having problems checking for external tools
on non-English operating systems (e.g. Debian in Japanese):
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/manabou/20100619
http://twitter.com/manabou

I've tried to update a few to do a better job (test_Muscle_tool.py,
test_Clustalw_tool.py and test_Emboss.py), but what I really need
is someone to run the test suite on a non English system - ideally
without all these command line tools installed. The tests should
notice when the tool is missing, and be skipped without errors.

Could anyone with a non-English OS try running the latest code
from git (or even the latest release) to see if you get similar
problems?

Thanks,