[Biopython-dev] EuroSciPy 2010 conference in Paris

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 13:40:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Peter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are any Biopython folk planning to be at the EuroSciPy
> conference in Paris this year (July 2010)? They are still
> finalising the Scientific track, but the list of tutorials is
> quite interesting already:
>
> http://www.euroscipy.org/conference/euroscipy2010
>
> Peter

Hi all,

The track list for the EuroSciPy 2010 Scientific track has
now been announced, and I'm delighted that I will be able
to present a talk on Biopython (likely 4pm Saturday 10 July).
While I hope there will be some other Biopython users there,
this is a nice opportunity to meet the broader scientific python
community. There are still places at the moment if you want
to attend:

http://www.euroscipy.org/conference/euroscipy2010

Unfortunately I will not be attending BOSC or ISMB this
year. However Brad Chapman will be there to present the
annual "Biopython Project Update" talk (as well as helping
to organise this year's BOSC and the associated CodeFest
event preceding it). I'd love to have been there too, but I'm
sure everyone attending will have a great time. Again,
registration is still open:

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC_2010
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2010

Regards,

Peter

P.S. Those of you in North America you might also be
interested in the main SciPy conference in Austin, Texas
(28 June to 3 July 2010):

http://conference.scipy.org/scipy2010/