[Biopython-dev] Documentation

Vince S. Buffalo vsbuffalo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 06:50:59 UTC 2010

I dug into how Numpy is processing their own ReST dialect, and the answer
lies in doc/HOWTO_BUILD_DOCS.txt. There is an extension that can be obtained
from PyPi, or included manually in a doc/sphinxext directory.

Are these extension requirements alright (before I continue changing the
format)? Some more information is below.

*Numpy's documentation uses several custom extensions to Sphinx.  These*
*are shipped in the ``sphinxext/`` directory, and are automatically*
*enabled when building Numpy's documentation.*
*
*
*However, if you want to make use of these extensions in third-party*
*projects, they are available on PyPi_ as the numpydoc_ package, and*
*can be installed with::*
*
*
*    easy_install numpydoc*
*
*
*In addition, you will need to add::*
*
*
*    extensions = ['numpydoc']*

--
Vince Buffalo
Programmer

"There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality."
-Richard Dawkins