[Biopython-dev] Python 3 porting

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 20:55:05 UTC 2010

> Actually running 2to3 and then trying the tests on Python 3 will spot more
> or different problems (such as unicode/bytes problems). I think this is where
> Tiago was having trouble with phyloXML.

I suppose (correct me if I am wrong), that the main objective of the
exercise is to make all the tests pass with Python 3 (while
maintaining Python 2 compatibility). The second objective would be to
find potential points of error that can be introduced by the changes
and create even more tests on those points. The third would be to not
let performance (speed/memory) degrade (String processing being the
big issue here).

--
"If you want to get laid, go to college.  If you want an education, go
to the library." - Frank Zappa