[Biopython-dev] Active projects list? (BOSC Biopython Project Update)

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 10:01:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> What are we missing that should be there?

The Population genetics code is still alive, though I have to update
the documentation a bit. I want to support the dfdist application
soon. Most unexpectedly the fdist code is being used quite a bit (via
an application), currently 33 citations on scholar. And people
constantly ask me for dfdist support. A close second is support for
large genepop files supporting thousands of markers.

By the way, I suppose python 2 to 3 is the elephant in the room? I bet
all of us have run 2to3 on biopython ;) ... The results are not that
bad...