[Biopython-dev] Bio.GFF and Brad's code

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Tue Jan 26 14:02:59 UTC 2010

Hi:

I'm doing a pipeline to annotate sequences. I'm writting modules that add
SeqFeatures and annoations to the sequences.
Right now I'm storing the result as repr for the SeqRecords, but I would like
to write gff files at the end. I've read the discussion regarding Brad's code
and I've found it very interesting.
I need to write those gff files so couldl use Brad's code or my own, but it
would be great if I could contribute to Biopython at the same time.
At the time being I don't think a consensus about what a SeqFeature should
represent and how. I think Peter made a proposal about adding a parent and
children properties, is this a good way to solve the problem?
Best regards,

--
Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y