[Biopython-dev] superimposition question

George Devaniranjan devaniranjan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:27:27 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

Suppose I wan to see the conformational variation in protein loops and
extracted say 2 loops of same length and want to superimpose the 1st and
last resiude (say like clamp them together like pivots) how will I go about
doing that? I can use the superimposer and superimpose based on either the
1st/last residue calculate the rot/tran then apply to the entire molecule
but don't know how I could do it for say the 1st and last while the
intermediate loops are not superimposed but are free moving?

Thanks for your help and sorry if its written in a slightly confusing
manner.