[Biopython-dev] Newbler ACE file to SAM?

Nick Loman n.j.loman at bham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 17 13:59:36 UTC 2010

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs at bioinformed.com> wrote:
> Never mind-- I didn't realized the consensus sequence was gapped, so
> it is then trivial to recover the original pairwise alignments.  I'll
> have a version of my Newbler2SAM module that can process ACE files
> shortly.
Hi Kevin

I was wondering how you got on with the ACE to SAM converter?

I now realise that the 454PairAlign.txt produced by Newbler when run in
de novo assembly mode is not much use to me, as the alignments reported
in this file are strictly pairwise between reads and don't relate back
to the assembled contigs. So an ACE file parser would be extremely
helpful at this point.

Cheers

Nick.