[Biopython-dev] Newbler ACE file to SAM?

Nick Loman n.j.loman at bham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 16:35:51 UTC 2010

Peter wrote:
> Sorry - I spoke to quickly. I wrote a MAF (MIRA assembly format) to SAM
> converter as an experiment, not an ACE to SAM converter. The reason
> for this was ACE files don't have the read qualities, but MAF files do.

Hi Peter

Ah, I see - perhaps you could post this script somewhere just for
educational purposes?

I guess I should be able to get my work done by using Kevin's
glu-genetics script and making my Newbler assemblies output the
454PairAlign.txt file using the -p option.

Not sure if there's scope for tighter integration to Biopython but will
leave that to you experts!

Cheers

Nick