[Biopython-dev] Biopython devs at iEvoBio?

David Winter winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz
Tue Apr 6 01:54:38 UTC 2010

Hi again guys,

I was wondering if anyone else is planning to go to iEvoBio
(http://ievobio.org/) in Portland in June. The meeting is planned to be a
phyloinformatics counterpart to BOSC and is going to be run alongside the big
Evolution Meetings.

It might be a good venue to show Erick and Nick's GSoC projects from last
year. Obviously, if Eric or Nick are planning to be at the meeting then they
should present their work, but if they aren't going to be there I'd be
happy to
present a short demo on some of the things those libraries can do and how
they might be brought together with other Biopython tools to build some
useful workflows. ( it might start to make up for how slack of I've been in
this news contributor role!)

  At the moment I really just need to know if better qualified people will be
  there and, if not, if people think a demo is a good idea (the software
  demonstration sessions don't need an abstract anytime soon)

  Cheers,
  david