[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Phylogenetic trees with biopython?

David Winter david.winter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:54:52 UTC 2009

Hi Peter and all,

Sorry the lack of communication from me on this. I successfully made it
off the grid for the weekend then found I couldn't push to github from
work (no ssh over the proxy for students) and couldn't email the list
from home (can't use the uni's SMTP from off campus ) - IT-security
catch 22!

> I see you've switched to _EmbossCommandLine - fine.

Yeah, this was my stupid fault - you'd given me a heads up about the two
different version of the _EmbossCommandline and I tried out what I
already had with the the 'normal' version as saw that it failed but
didn't read the error message properly (of course it failed because I
was trying to give it the outfile parameter twice...)

> [... snip the other things you asked about...]
>

> I have checked this into CVS, but did also fix an old typo (in a docstring)
> and one new typo (in an argument name). Thanks David!
>
> Do you fancy writing a short unit tests? e.g. test_Emboss_phylip.py
> based on test_Emboss.py? Continuing on the github branch is fine.

Sounds good, will have a go at getting something going in the next
couple of days

> We should put you in the CONTRIB file now too (are there any other
> recent people we've missed?). Would you like to give a webpage, or
> is this email address fine (be warned it may get harvested for spam)?

Well, I'm not sure it's much of a contribution from me, but thanks :)
Perhaps add david.winter at gmail.com - gmail seems to handle spam pretty
well and I won't be a student here for ever (right?...)

Cheers,
David