[Biopython-dev] sff file

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 11:50:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Great - your feedback has made a difference :)

As part of the polishing in anticipation of merging the SFF support
into the trunk, I've just made some big additions to the docstring
(with doctest examples) on the branch - it would be great if you
could read over this at some point.

http://github.com/peterjc/biopython/tree/sff-seqio

What do you think of the current rather pragmatic way I'm
handling trimming the SeqRecord objects? i.e. SeqIO file format
"sff" gives the full data and supports reading and writing, while
SeqIO format "sff-trim" only supports reading and gives trimmed
sequences without the flow data. This is a bit of a hack, and the
"sff-trim" format could be left out - but then we would need a nice
way to trim the full length SeqRecord objects...