[Biopython-dev] Seq object ungap method

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 05:37:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Something we discussed last year was adding an ungap method
> to the Seq object. See for example this thread:
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2008-September/004515.html
>
> I've (finally) taken the time to actually implement this, and have
> posted it on a github branch for comment:
>
> http://github.com/peterjc/biopython/tree/ungap

Neat! Some trivial comments:
1. There's a typo on line 897 in Seq.py: s/stil/still/
2. Each colon character has a space before it in this function. I've never
seen you use that style before. (Other Biopython code doesn't do that.)
3. In the exception messages, and other places in Biopython, the
concatenated string (or compound expression) is contained in parentheses,
but there's also a backslash at the end of each line. I don't think the
backslash is necessary, since the parens already group the multi-line
expression.

Cheers,
Eric