[Biopython-dev] Getting nucleotide sequence for GenBank features

Kyle Ellrott kellrott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:36:16 UTC 2009

It's always hard to judge how obvious something is when you already know
it.
I don't think there is any sort of name clash.  Is there anything else you
would want to 'extract' with/from a Sequence Feature?...
One of the rules I've heard from API designers is that it's best if written
code almost sounds like a proper sentence.  ( From
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAb7hSCtvGw if you haven't seen it )
my_feature_sequence = my_feature.extract( my_sequence ) seems to fit that
rule.

Kyle

Does my current choice of "extract" for the name of the proposed