[Biopython-dev] Getting nucleotide sequence for GenBank features

Kyle Ellrott kellrott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:16:30 UTC 2009

I guess it's a question of making it a method of the SeqFeature vs a Method
of the SeqRecord.  My try put the extract feature in the SeqRecord, because
that's what SeqFeature belongs to.  But  it actually makes more sense to
have the SeqFeature operate on a Seq.  If people want to create features (or
copy them from other SeqRecords) and use them to extract subsequences from
other Seq objects this format makes it more natural/flexable.

Kyle