[Biopython-dev] Questions on StructureBuilder, MMCIFParser, and MMCIFlex

Paul B tallpaulinjax at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 17:34:46 UTC 2009

>Are you sure it should it be 1 and not 0? Remember, Python counts from zero.
If the MODEL record in the .ent record says MODEL 1, should biopython report it as 0? In PDBParser, the code is as follows:
        current_model_id=0
        # Flag we have an open model
        model_open=0
        for i in range(0, len(coords_trailer)):

            if(record_type=='ATOM  ' or record_type=='HETATM'):
                # Initialize the Model - there was no explicit MODEL record
                if not model_open:
                    structure_builder.init_model(current_model_id)
                    current_model_id+=1
                    model_open=1