[Biopython-dev] history on github - where are the tags?

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Wed Mar 25 12:43:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>> I don't know exactly how this could happen, but this inconsistency in
>> CVS might be causing cvs2git to actually include these guys.
>
> It does sound like a hidden hickup in our CVS repository... very strange.

I would rather call it a glitch in a transition. I was actually quite
surprised that the transition went so smooth.
Now we can see that actually some things did not transfer too well...

I did a  thorough check to compare checkouts from current CVS and git
trunks to see that there are also some other differences:
As you can see below, there apart from these two files present only in
git, a number of directories are not missing in git. I've checked:
they are all empty directories leftover because you cannot delete a
directory from CVS (some of them, like Bio.Tools have actually a
number of directories in them, but they are all empty).

I think that it's actually a desired behavior (removing empty
directories) but if anyone is missing any of these dirs, please let me
know.

The diff:

Only in git_branch/: AUTHORS
Only in biopython/Bio: Ais
Only in biopython/Bio: CDD
Only in biopython/Bio: cmmCIF
Only in biopython/Bio: config
Only in biopython/Bio: dbdefs
Only in biopython/Bio: ECell
Only in biopython/Bio: expressions
Only in biopython/Bio: formatdefs
Only in biopython/Bio: Gobase
Only in biopython/Bio: iodefs
Only in biopython/Bio: Kabat
Only in biopython/Bio: LocusLink
Only in biopython/Bio: MultiProc
Only in biopython/Bio/PDB: mmCIF_lex
Only in biopython/Bio: Rebase
Only in biopython/Bio/SCOP: tests
Only in biopython/Bio: sources
Only in biopython/Bio: Tools
Only in git_branch/Bio/UniGene: UniGene.py
Only in biopython/Doc/cookbook: biopython_test
Only in biopython/Doc/cookbook: genbank_to_fasta
Only in biopython/Doc/cookbook: LogisticRegression
Only in biopython: Experimental
Only in git_branch/: .git
Only in biopython/Martel: examples
Only in biopython/Tests: CDD