[Biopython-dev] Bio.Enzyme (was: Re: Bio.ExPASy)

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 04:54:08 UTC 2009

I've created a simplified version of the parser in Bio.Enzyme in Bio.ExPASy.Enzyme. The idea behind it is to collect all parsers related to ExPASy databases in Bio.ExPASy so that they can be found more easily by users.

Bio.ExPASy.Enzyme works essentially the same as Bio.Enzyme, but I've done a few things a bit differently. The biggest change is probably that Bio.Enzyme stores information as attributes to a record, whereas Bio.ExPASy.Enzyme has a Record derived from a dictionary, and stores information in the dictionary (same as Bio.Medline). Does anybody have any objection if Bio.ExPASy.Enzyme becomes the "official" parser for ExPASy's Enzyme database? If not, I'll modify the documentation and tests accordingly, and start the deprecation process for Bio.Enzyme.

--Michiel