[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 11:32:15 UTC 2009

>> As my initial branch/fork of biopython still exists but is being
>> deleted, it seems in the meantime I can't create a new branch
>> of biopython.
>
> mmm are you referring to this:
> - http://github.com/peterjc/biopython-seqio-quality/network
> ?
>
> I can see it, and also fetch/pull changes from it..

True, the network page is still there for me. But
http://github.com/peterjc/biopython-seqio-quality/ which redirects to
http://github.com/peterjc/biopython-seqio-quality/tree/master
shows me just a "This repository is being deleted" page.

> I see that you have renamed your fork as seqio-quality. Ok, but I
> think it is better to keep the fork's name as 'biopython', and then
> create many branches inside it.

I don't think I had entirely understood github's use of fork versus branch.
I'll have so do some more reading and try again once my account has
settled down.  Thanks for the details in your email.