[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 10:41:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
>> Sweet. Glad that worked. I deleted my branch (edit->delete
>> repository).
>
> How long did it take to process?  I deleted mine (after attempting to
> merge against the CVS mirror).  The delete was still in progress over
> 12 hours later!

And the branch delete is still on-going :(

> ...  And this afternoon github seems to be down, so I haven't played with it any more.

Its back online again, but right now for me github is a bit of a damp squid [*].
As my initial branch/fork of biopython still exists but is being
deleted, it seems
in the meantime I can't create a new branch of biopython.  Odd, and rather
frustrating.  Hopefully it will sort itself out shortly, and I can
have another play
with merging branches...

Peter

[*] For the benefit of non-native English speakers, or or anyone whose sense
of humour works differently to mine, this was a pun, based on the English phrase
"damp squib" for a disappointing event, and the fact that github's
error page has
some kind of cartoon squid/octopus-cat creature on it.