[Biopython-dev] gitignore file for github

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 10:57:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think we should add a .gitignore file to the github mirror copy
> repository, which should ignore:
>
> * the build subdirectory and all its contents
> * all *.pyc files (recursively, e.g. for the unit tests)
> * all LaTeX temporary files recursively under Doc (e.g. *.aux, *.log)
>
> Is there anything else this should include?  There are a few output
> files created by the unit tests that we might want to include...

This seems to work pretty well:

#Ignore the build directory (and its sub-directories):
build
#Ignore backup files from some Unix editors,
*~
#Ignore all compiled python files (e.g. from running the unit tests):
*.pyc
#The graphics unit tests produce output files for human inspection
#(at the time of writing, only PDF files are created but I expect
#this to change).
Tests/Graphics/*.pdf
Tests/Graphics/*.eps
Tests/Graphics/*.svg
Tests/Graphics/*.png

I've uploaded this as part of one of my test branches on github,
http://github.com/peterjc/biopython-seqio-quality/tree/master