[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Mon Mar 16 21:04:57 UTC 2009

Hi,
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment I am having some strange problems, relative to the fact that I
> had a branch previously named as 'biopython' in my account, so it seems
> don't understand well the fact that the old branch has been renamed.
> For example, I don't have the 'Fork' button.... but it must be a temporary
> problem, I already contacted the github's tech support.

This is connected with the change I made in the repository. Namely I
renamed the branch created
by Giovanni to biopuython-old and created a new one (the "official"
one) called biopython again.

The "rename" feature was flagged as experimental, and I don't think we
would expect to use it anymore,
and there were warnings that it can affect the branches forked from
the branched previously created by Giovanni.

These two branches were incompatible, since they were done with
different scripts (different revision numbers).
So if you need to make retain some changes you made to the old branch,
please export them from your local copy as
changesets and apply these back to the new forks made from the new repository.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

cheers
Bartek