[Biopython-dev] determining the version

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 12:58:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Since this thread last year, there have been no objections.  Following
> a recent question on the main mailing list about how to determine the
> version of Biopython this seems worth doing before the next release.
> Again, an objections or comments on the implementation details?
> Otherwise I'll make this change shortly.

Changes made in CVS, and updated the release instructions:
http://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release

In between releases, should we leave the __version__ as is, or
explicitly update it to be something like "1.49+" just after releasing
1.49?  This only affects people installing Biopython from CVS, so they
should be technically inclined...