[Biopython-dev] "Your XML file did not start with <?xml"

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 16:30:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Cymon Cox<cy at cymon.org> wrote:
>>> At first glance, something based on your change looks sensible.
>>> Next time I spot the unit test failing I'll try and reproduce this.
>>
>> It's pretty hit or miss: I would guess once in every 10+ times I ran the
>> test_NCBI_qblast I would encounter the problem.
>
> I can be a little more specific; out 742 calls to qblast, 75 returned the
> "Your XML" error. (This was with a different ISP.)

I haven't had this fail on me personally, and so have not tested the fix
directly. However, on another thread Peter Saffrey reported using your
patch was helpful, so I have committed the fix to CVS (without the extra
print statements). As usual, let me know if I've mangled something with
my editing ;)

Thanks,