[Biopython-dev] Next release plans?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 16:19:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Michiel de Hoon<mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 6/19/09, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> Any thoughts? Does rolling this out early next week sound
>> sensible or simply too ambitious?
>
> Sounds good to me. I may check in some Bio.Blast stuff, but nothing
> dramatic.

I'll keep that in mind - when were you thinking of doing that? I was
thinking of doing the release on Monday or Tuesday (as I travel on
the Friday, and have to prepare my slides etc).

> I also think that we can release 1.51 without a beta release first;
> see our previous discussion here:
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2009-April/005825.html

Yeah - but this is a bit of a special case. Given we will be having a
tutorial session and a hackathon session at BOSC, having people
using a Biopython 1.51 beta release should ensure some useful
feedback (even if it is just documentation improvements) which
would make Biopython 1.51 that much better.

I am also a *little* nervous that there could be something amiss in
the new GenBank feature location writing (despite the test coverage),
and doing the beta release first would put my mind more at ease on
this area.