[Biopython-dev] Next release plans?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 14:57:23 UTC 2009

2009/6/19 Tiago Antão:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Peter wrote:
>> Any thoughts? Does rolling this out early next week sound sensible
>> or simply too ambitious?
>
> I wont have time to roll my genepop code with statistics calculations
> in that timeframe, no chance. I will leave it for 1.52.

We don't have to rush this - it just seemed worth having a quite fresh
release available for us to work from in the tutorial session at BOSC,
and also as a reference point the coding BoF session.

If we do do Biopython 1.51 beta next week, with Biopython 1.51 final in
July, then I would provisionally expect to do Biopython 1.52 in the Autumn.
This could be brought forward if a large and useful contribution was added.
Let's chat about the genepop code at BOSC?