[Biopython-dev] Biopython logo usage

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at clubdelarazon.org
Fri Jun 5 14:49:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Peter Cock<p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if there was anything formal ever written down. As Iddo
> said, we should probably clear this with Thomas Hamelryck (BCC'd)
> (and Henrik Vestergaard) who came up with the logo.
> http://www.biopython.org/wiki/Logo

OK, I also wrote to him.

> As you only have a single chapter on Biopython, having our logo too
> prominent could be misleading. However, I personally like the idea of

There is one chapter about Biopython and there are code recipes and
most of them use Biopython. But clearly is not a Biopython book. I
don't suggest to make it prominent, I included more screenshots in the
cover and planned to included the logo in a corner.

> including the logo on your cover - a bit more promotion of Biopython
> would be nice.  From a visual layout point of view, I'm not sure what

I think the same, for most bioinformatitians, Bioperl is the first
option when they think on bioinformatics programming/scripting
language. I will wait for Henrik approval.

Best,
SB.