[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] Restriction enzyme digestion gels

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Wed Jul 29 12:54:07 UTC 2009

Hi:

> There is nothing built into Biopython's graphics module for generating
> fake gel images - so using matplot seems worth trying. However, I
> would suggest you talk to Jose Blanca about his work first:
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2009-March/005472.html
> http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/svn/gelify/gelifyfsa/

Once I needed a similar tool to represent aflp data as a gel and I wrote the
code to solve that issue. I haven't used that much because the project was
cancelled due to external reasons, but the code worked. You can take a look
at:
http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/svn/gelify/gelifyfsa/src/
If you have any problems with it, write me a line. I'm sure that it will be
bugs and and the performance is not great, but it worked for me.
At least I hope you can look at how the image is build using matplotlib.
Best regards,

--
Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y