[Biopython-dev] [Biopython] next-gen sequencing software

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Fri Jul 24 10:22:39 UTC 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009 11:50:08 Peter wrote:
> Work on improving the Biopython alignment object and introducing a
> contig object is something I would like to see for the next release (once
> Biopython 1.51 is out).
I think that's quite necessary. Consider my code an experiment in that regard.
I will be very please to discuss the details of such a class. I think that my
experience with my contig implementation could be of some value.

> I'm sure there is other stuff in your code that would also be very useful.
>
> If you want to contribute code to Biopython is will have to be under our
> MIT style license, but in the meantime maybe you should stick an
> an explicit license on your code?
>
> Peter
I'm aware of the biopython licence. I prefer the GPL, that's why when I
release code on my own I use it. But if some of my code could be useful to
the Biopython community I have no problem with releasing under the MIT.

--
Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y