[Biopython-dev] ApplicationResult and generic_run obsolete?

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:34:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Peter<biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I am using generic_run (and the Bio.Application framework) for the new
genepop code. But it would be trivial to change.
The only thing that I need is the return code (not even stdout).

The only thing that I need is to be informed of the new "best
practice" that replaces generic_run and I will act accordingly

If you are interested my use case is on:
http://github.com/tiagoantao/biopython/blob/e1720bd4419ae5cf60ae5e1c7ec72828c6f6e6fe/Bio/PopGen/GenePop/Controller.py
(_run_genepop and class _GenePopCommandline)

Regards