[Biopython-dev] Developmental and experimental branches

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 17:03:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> Using the wiki in this way is a nice idea.  Tiago - do you fancy
>> adding a PopGen page describing the additions you're working on?  As a
>> bonus, once these do get into the main repository, you may find the
>> wiki text will be a useful basis for extending the documentation.
>
> Where do you want me to link the page on the Wiki?

How about having two pages:

http://biopython.org/wiki/PopGen
- documentation on the code in the current official release,
- linked to from the main doc page

http://biopython.org/wiki/PopGen_dev
- discussion and links to your branch etc,
- linked to from the above PopGen page

This would be consistent with how I did the Bio.SeqIO pages,
http://biopython.org/wiki/SeqIO
http://biopython.org/wiki/SeqIO_dev

If you think you have an better idea, feel free to make suggestions.