[Biopython-dev] Bio.NetCatch, Bio.FilteredReader and Bio.File.SGMLHandle

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 14:17:15 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Earlier this month over on the main discussion list Michiel suggested
we start the deprecation process for the Bio.NetCatch and
Bio.FilteredReader modules and Bio.File.SGMLHandle class.
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-February/004932.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-February/004933.html

We didn't have any response, so I have just updated the docstrings and
the DEPRECATED file in CVS to declare them obsolete, stating that in a
subsequent release they will be deprecated, and later removed.

If anyone wants to, we could probably go with an immediate deprecation
of these (plus also Bio.EZRetrieve), but I see no reason to hurry.