[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 10:10:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
> <bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
>>
>> I've requested launchpad to follow our cvs trunk. They should (after
>> reviewing my request) put it into the location:
>> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/biopython-test/trunk
>> I'll post to the list if they get back to me. We'll see how it goes.
>
> There is a small technical problem with bazaar following our repo. For
> now, their scripts are working only with cvs pserver connections without
> password. It shouldn't be too difficult for them to adjust (anyway the
> setup of each import is not fully automated), but just in case it's not
> possible for now: Can we set up a user with no password and read-only
> access to our cvs repo? Who would be the right person to contact?

Right now as far as I know you need username "cvs", password "cvs"  -
or a full developer account.  I guess another read only account could
be setup (maybe "guest") with no password, assuming there are no
security issues with this, but the OBF guys would have to do this.
You could ask them on support at helpdesk.open-bio.org but given we
probably won't continue with CVS that much longer anyway, it seems a
bit pointless to hassle the OBF over this now - it might easier to
just encourage Bazaar to deal with a password (as I'm sure lots of
open source projects have a simple password like this).