[Biopython-dev] Quality scores (and per-letter-annotation) in a SeqRecord?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 12:46:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Jose Blanca <jblanca at btc.upv.es> wrote:

> An alternternative implementation using weakref to link the RestrictedDict
> with the SeqRecord.

Your code seems a little more complicated, but should work too.  It
would mean that if the parent SeqRecord's seq property was altered,
the per-letter-annotation dictionary would know the new length.  This
is better - but if someone did change the parent SeqRecord's seq, then
perhaps we should also automatically clear the per-letter-annotation?
We could do this by using a full property for the seq attribute, which
would also us to clear any existing per-letter-annotation by replacing
it with a new restricted dictionary using the new length.