[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Sun Feb 15 14:18:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying bazaar.
>
> These are the steps I did, can you check if I did everything correctly?

I think so.

> This is my branch:
> - https://code.launchpad.net/~dalloliogm-gmail/+junk/biopython-gio
>
> How do I link it to your repo, now?

The problem is, that +junk branches cannot be proposed for merging in launchpad.
 see (https://help.launchpad.net/Code/PersonalBranches)

If you don't have a launchpad project and don't want to setup one, you
have two options:
either you  just send me a changeset (simiar to a patch). You use the command
bzr send -o my_changeset_filename

this generates a txt file with your changes andd you can just send
them to me, so that I can merge them into my tree.
The other option is to  send me a link to your branch and I can pull
from it (I can pull from +junk branches).

In order to have all the functionality of merge proposals, code review
etc. we need a launchpad project.

I created one: https://launchpad.net/biopython-test for the purpose of testing.

I've added you (giovanni) to the team of maintainers of the project. I
also created two branches and requested one of them to be merged with
the other.

If now anyone pushes his branch to a proper place:
 lp:~username/biopython-test/my_branch_name
It can be proposed for merging into biopython-test. Branches pushed to
the project directory directly: (e.g.  lp:biopython-test/trunk) have
write permissions for all team-members.

If anyone wants to give it a try, please join the biopython-test team
on launchpad (you'll need a launchpad account).

cheers
Bartek