[Biopython-dev] docstring tests

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 02:12:17 UTC 2009

> Hi,
> At present 'python setup.py test'  does do all the
> tests including the
> doctests. Just curious, will you also add the ability to
> select the
> doctests there as well?

I wasn't planning to, since "python setup.py test" currently does not allow selecting for any of the test scripts either; it just runs all of them. But I won't object if somebody else (wink, wink) adds this capability to "python setup.py test". On the other hand, you may think of "python setup.py test" as the quick-and-comprehensive way to run the tests, and run_tests.py as a more specialized tool that gives you more control.

--Michiel.