[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:43:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Bartek Wilczynski
<bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> when it comes to git, I have to say that I'm not really experienced,

In github, for every repository there is a button to create a fork and
automatically add it to to your own space.
Look at the image in this post:
- http://github.com/guides/keeping-a-git-fork-in-sync-with-the-forked-repo
Is there something similar with launchpad? Or is it planned to be?

Moreover, in github there are many tools that shows the ramifications
of all the repositories coming from the original one, with a very nice
view (it's this link,
again:http://github.com/blog/39-say-hello-to-the-network-graph-visualizer)

Let's say I fork your repository as you explained: how would you do to
keep track of all the forks originated from your repository? Will you
get notified that I have forked your repo?

By the way, do you have any clue on how to configure bazaar under a proxy? :)

> but my current understanding of
> the possibilities is as follows:
> I don't know about any service to _automaticaly_ synchronize CVS (or
> SVN) repo with git.

I don't know, but maybe the bioruby developers already know how to do
it already.

Thank you for all the posts and discussions above..

--

My blog on bioinformatics (now in English): http://bioinfoblog.it