[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 15:31:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:53 PM, alex <argriffi at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>> It has a limit of 100mb and current biopython CVS tree is 57Mb, so we can
>> go with it for a while, but I'm not sure if I would recommend it.
>
> According to github,
> "The 100MB is a soft limit setup to prevent abuse of the service. If your
> open source project needs more space, email us <mailto:support at github.com>,
> we're happy to provide it."
>
> Biopython is an obviously legitimate project so you could probably get more
> space.

In the long term, assuming we do want an official git repository, I
would be happier if we could just host it on biopython.org - this
shouldn't be a technical problem, but would require discussion with
the OBF team (e.g. opening ports, and who gets to look after the
service, backing it up etc).  That doesn't prevent a proof of concept
using github.